Monday, December 27, 2010

Should have gotten a flu shot

So my younger brother got the flu from his work and I contracted it from him early this morning.  I kind of want to die.  Fever status as of 9:15 PM - 103.5 and 104.2.  This could also be attributed to being in a very warm bed with a heating pad, but still.  I had to miss out on a lunch with some old roommates today and also miss out on a party with high school friends.  Technically, I guess you could say I missed out on ultimate frisbee too.  Anyway, I went to the doctor and they gave me some meds.  Thank goodness I went to the doctor within the first 48 hours of my symptoms.  Hopefully I can feel better later tomorrow and can go to work on Wednesday.  There's no way I'm going tomorrow, mainly because I'm still highly contagious.  I think I'm going to get that flu shot next year.  A $10 shot seems pretty cheap compared to the $25 co-pay at the doctors office and $75 worth of medication.  Yes, next year I will get that shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment